Friday, June 27, 2008

Vacation - The Mayan!

Tonight we went to The Mayan for dinner with Sarah and Joseph. What a fabulous restaurant! I wish I had gotten a picture of the front of it, but all I got was a psuedo picture while taking a picture of posing children. This restaurant is designed with the South American jungles in mind, and reminded us of the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. They have even redecorated it to celebrate the new Indian Jones movie. They have actors that do little skits every 15 minutes on this huge wall that looks like the inside of a mountain. At the base of this wall is a pool, deep enough for divers to dive into, but not very big around. These divers do flips, twists, turns, everything! It was absolutely amazing. The food was okay, not as good as I anticipated for such a lavishly decorated restaurant, but the atmosphere was incredible. I would recommend everyone to go eat at this restaurant if they are ever in the Salt Lake Valley.

No comments: