Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bye Bye Pacifier

We did it! We have finally separated Chase from his pacifier. Of course, this was completely unintentional. Our plan was to go cold turkey on July 8th, the day after his 2nd birthday. However, one week ago yesterday he managed to lose his pacifier in the middle of the night. Now, this wasn't just having it drop underneath the bed. I'm talking lose to the point that I cannot find it AT ALL. I've looked in and under his bed, as well as my own, and even in the sheets. I wonder if he got hungry during the night? For once, this is a time where I am actually not praying for help to find the missing object.

So, anyway, the pacifier is gone. He has done WAY better than I anticipated, considering it was one of 3 things he was unable to live without. (The other two being his sippy cup and his blanket.) I'm so proud of him! He has been sick the last three days, and I'm sure the pacifier would have been useful, but he has managed to sleep all night long three nights in a row. Yay for Chase! This will make one less thing that we will not have to worry about losing when we go on vacation next week.

No comments: