Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

As we celebrate the men in our lives today, I'd like to share with you my kids' responses to a questionnaire they did in Primary today about their Dad.

Rion's answers (complete with Rion's way of spelling):

My dad's name: Eric
Dad's favorite movie: Lost
Things Dad and I like to do together: Water skee
Dad's hobbies: computer
Dad's job is: Docter (I would assume he thought this since Eric works at the Rehab Hospital)
When Dad was a kid he liked to: play
Dad is really good at: fixing computers


Hailey's answers (her teacher wrote these):

My dad's name: Eric Ryan Warren (his middle name is actually Brian)
Dad's favorite color: black
Dad's favorite movie: Night at the Museum
Dad's favorite scripture: Nephi 17
Things Dad and I like to do together: Play together
Dad's hobbies: work on the computer (they sure know him, don't they?)
Dad's job is: Nurse (too funny!)
When Dad was a kid he liked to: Play with Mom & Dad
Dad is really good at: playing basketball (huh?)
Dad's favorite food: steak


They gave the questionnaire to Eric with a chocolate coin taped to it. It was pretty cute. When Eric was reading through them, we couldn't really make out what Rion wrote for Eric's job, so we asked him. He said, "Doctor," in which I replied, "Daddy's not a doctor." Hailey spoke up here and said, "He's a nurse!" It was so funny. I don't think they really understand that Eric truly does work on computers all day.

I am very grateful to have such a wonderful husband of almost 11 years, and to be able to express that to him today. He is such a good Dad, and I'm so glad we could raise some of Heavenly Father's choice spirits together. One of the things that I like most about Eric is that he makes me laugh. There are days when he gets home from work that this is especially needed.

So, to Eric and all of the other Dad's in my life...Happy Father's Day!

No comments: