Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hero Hailey

Hailey was a true hero today! Here's what happened...

I sent Rion to get the mail, which happens to be in one of those big box units that hold several mailboxes and is located over by the park the next street over. When he got back, he neglected to close the latch at the top of the door. This is the only way to keep Chase in the house. The next thing we know, Chase is screaming. After asking what was going on, Hailey tells us that she looked out the window and Chase was across the street, walking down the pathway that leads to park, with keys in hand. Rather than wasting time to get us to go get him, she ran outside and picked him up and brought him home. That is why he was crying. He wanted to go get the mail.

She was so brave and really kept her head about her! I was so proud of her today. For the next hour or so after, I kept thinking about all of the things that could have happened to Chase. Not a fun thing to do! I think there is always more panic on my part after the fact when my mind starts to think of other scenarios. I am so grateful for Hailey and her quick thinking tonight!

No comments: