Sunday, June 8, 2008

Big 9 Year Old

I can't believe we made it! Orion turns 9 today. My how time flies! A little bit about Orion, since it is his birthday...

Orion Lucas Warren was born on June 8, 1999 at 8:24 pm, 6 lbs 13 oz, 20 1/4 inches long. He was born breech, no - not by C-Section, and had some complications because of it. His heart rate dropped to about 34 beats a minute, which was way down from his usual 140-150, and then his lungs collapsed. What a trial! But, being the strong determined kid he is, he recovered quickly and was out of NICU within 9 days. Now that this explains the hospital shot of him...I can continue. :)






Sorry for the weird light in some of these pictures. I had to take a picture of hard copy pictures. And, unfortunately, I do not have any photos readily available between the age of 2 and 3 1/2, at which point we purchased our first digital camera the day Hailey was born. I know the photos are in a box somewhere. I need to find them so I can digitize the photos. Anyway, Rion, as we call him, is a very energetic boy who loves "fun" attention. He is always so happy to meet new people and make them feel welcome by saying "Hey Dude" when a new kid is introduced in class. I think he is well known for his friendliness at school because every time we go to a school function, we hear "Hey Orion" everywhere in the hallway.



Rion loves sports, especially baseball, basketball, and anything that has to do with swimming or going out on the boat. In school, he loves to read, do math, and especially loves PE and recess. What kid doesn't like recess? His favorite food is pizza, he doesn't like chocolate pudding or olives. Rion likes to do service by helping families who are moving and by going to the church orchard and pick the fruit for the cannery. He has a simple testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, which in my opionion is the best thing to have! He loves the Scouting program and even likes to spend time with Hailey and Chase - most of the time. Now that Rion is getting older, it's fun start to do more grown up things with him, though he still wishes he was small enough to play on the toddler toys. He'll always be a kid at heart!




1 comment:

Amie said...

I just want to say that I miss Rion! He has an amazing heart and a fun personality. He has always been such an obedient child, you are so lucky! I loved having him around. It was really hard to see "my other 2 kids" move away. I wish you were closer so I can watch them grow up, but I guess I'll just have to watch from your blogs. :) Let him know that we love and miss him and that we hope he had an amazing birthday!