Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chocolate Cherry Cake

Since I was asked about more 'cake' recipes, I thought I would post this one that Shannon gave me. I sent it to Sarah earlier and thought that everyone might want a go at it. It is so good!

1 box Devil's Food chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
1 (21 oz.) can cherry fruit pie filling
1 cup chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips until well blended (with mixer if you don't want large cherry pieces). Pour into 9x13 inch greased and floured pan, or into jelly roll pan depending on the thickness you are looking for. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top of batter. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until cake springs back when lightly touched. (jelly roll pan may not need so long to cook.) Cool, then frost with favorite cream frosting or whipped cream.

No comments: