Thursday, July 10, 2008

Santa Clara Vanguard


On Tuesday our Relief Society began a walking group at Vallivue High School. The plan was to walk the track for 1/2 hour or so with other sisters in the ward. When we arrived Tuesday morning, this would not be possible. The reason...the Santa Clara Vanguard was busy stretching and warming up for their practice on the football field. I was so excited!

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about, the Santa Clara Vanguard is a Drum Corps International Marching Band...or rather a Drum and Bugle Corps. There are no woodwinds in a DCI marching band. This particular group has been one of my favorites ever since I was in marching band in high school. I was hoping to be able to actually watch them practice, but because I had the kids with me, and since I needed to run into the office in Boise, I was unable to. They were in the Treasure Valley this week for a competition, one that also included the Blue Devils and the Phantom Regiment, as well as some other smaller groups. I wish I could have gone to the competition since watching them would bring back so many wonderful marching band memories, but it was not possible. Oh well, maybe next year if they are in the area again!

1 comment:

Orange Peanut said...

I would have loved to have been there too! There is something about seeing a marching band in uniform that brings back the sights, sounds, and smells of band reviews and parades!