Friday, July 25, 2008

100th Post!

Wow, I can't believe I have made it to 100 so fast! I've only been posting since March. I guess I just have a lot to say! So in honor of my 100th post, I am going to write 100 things about myself. This should be interesting. If by chance you are reading this and I have not made it to 100 yet, keep checking back. I'll think of more things!


1. Born April 18, 1978 - 6lbs 8oz, I think 19 inches long

2. I am the 5th child of 7 kids - 5 girls, 2 boys - Paula, JoDene, Larry, Richard, me, Kelly, Lori

3. I have more than 20 nieces and nephews, and 3 of them have kids of their own!

4. I was a major toe-head growing up. Yes, the blond is my natural color, I just like to highlight with lighter blond.

5. I was hit by a car while riding my bike when I was 7. I had a 6 inch hairline fracture on the right side of my skull.

6. During the skull fracture recovery, I lounged on the couch and ate Skittles until I got sick. To this day I can't eat an entire bag of Skittles.

7. Shortly after I recovered, I was running to the phone, tripped on the cord, and hit my eyebrow on the wooden radio cabinet. (you know, the ones with 8-track players in them) I had to get stitches.

8. Needless to say, I don't remember much of the beginning of 2nd grade!

9. In 3rd grade I made it to the school wide spelling bee. I missed "alligator" in front of the whole school!

10. In 4th grade, during the class spelling bee, I missed "doctor" by spelling it "docter" after 4 other kids spelled it that exact same way. I redeemed myself by being the first of 15 kids to spell "parentheses" right.

11. In 5th grade, Jeff Beal and I would constantly get hit with the long white chalkboard erasers because we talked too much. Tee hee hee.

12. My best friend since 4th grade is Jessica Simpson, now Jessica Simpson McCalvy. (No, not the singer - she wanted me to clarify this.)

13. I started playing piano at the age of 10, flute in 6th grade, and bassoon in 7th grade. My senior year I sat as the 2nd chair bassoonist in the Idaho All-State Symphony Orchestra, as well as participated in the Boise State Honor Band.

14. I was scarred for life (not!) and had this incredible urge to stay on the thin side after my brother Larry wrote "Kim has a big butt" on my bedroom window in that Christmas snow stuff. The window faced the driveway. To this day he denies he did that.

15. I was the drum major for the Eagle High School Marching Band my senior year.

16. That same year, since my grade was the first graduating class of Eagle High School, I helped write the High School Alma Mater with 2 classmates.

17. I was also on the Seminary Council that same year.

18. I began working at a nursing home when I was 14. This was before Idaho labor laws. I worked in the kitchen doing various duties until I was trained as a cook at the age of 19. I still have dreams that I am working there.

19. My siblings, Larry, Richard, and Kelly, all worked at that nursing home in the kitchen at various points. My mom was a nurse there on one of the units. After work during the tax season, since Larry was my ride to work, I would go around with him after work and help him clean the H&R Block offices for my dad. He would pay me in Taco Bell.

20. I no longer eat Taco Bell.

21. I started dating my high school sweetheart Memorial Day my Freshman year - though I was too young to actually go on a date. We dated until the end of Senior Year, then was off and on until the summer following Freshman year of college. His name was Eric. Go figure.

22. The Eric I did marry, the October following the Freshman year of college, dated a girl named Kim for 2 years prior to his mission. Go figure even more!

23. During my Freshman year of college, I was at Linfield College in McMinnville, OR. Such a blast! I loved it!

24. I skipped class a couple of times to go hiking near the ocean with Monty Grow.

25. My good friends that year were Trina Palmer, Tanya Spurgiesz, Marianne Swafford, Allison Marrs, and my roommate Jennifer Hubers. There were others, but I'm having a memory lapse right now!

26. I still stay in close contact with Trina and Jennifer.

27. Trina got me writing a missionary in March 1997 that happened to be serving in the Boise area. His name was Elder Warren.

28. I visited Elder Warren during Spring Break and unknowingly tried to poison him with homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. He's allergic to peanuts, but his companion loved them!

29. I married Eric Brian Warren on October 3, 1997. I guess he didn't hold a grudge about those cookies then!

30. I was 19 1/2 when I got married.

31.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#12 Best friend - I know it is wonderful fun to be connected in any way to "Jessica Simpson", but you could add a post script that I'm Jessica McCalvy now!

#18 You had some great biceps from wiping down all the tables after dinner at the nursing home!

What a great list! - love, Jessi

Kim said...

#12 - yeah, I should clarify that. LOL

#18 - Between scrubbing tables and marching band, it's a trait that Eric still likes to show off!

Jen Stone said...

What happened, I thought you said one hundred I only can see 30.