Friday, July 25, 2008

Mommy, Wow!

....I'm a big boy now!

For those that know the commercial jingle, you probably know where I'm going with this. Yes...Chase went potty on toilet tonight! And the best part is...I didn't even try to get him to go!

Lately Chase has been fascinated with sitting on the toilet. With/without clothes on, doesn't matter. The last few days, though, he has gotten in the habit of taking off his diaper and saying , "poop" before he sits down. As far as I know nothing has come of any of this until tonight. It was the same routine - diaper off, "poop" and climb on the toilet. I walked out of the bathroom, then walked right back in and there was a solid stream flowing into the toilet bowl! Oh how excited I was, and by the look of Chase's face, he was pretty surprised! As a reward for the first time tinkler, we went to Baskin Robbins. Yum!

An hour later, we got home and he wanted to sit again. Nothing happened. He got off, ran around with a bare bum for a few minutes while Daddy went to the bathroom, then climbed back on the toilet and pottied again! I'm really hoping this is the start of something. If it is, then that will make 3 in a row easy potty trainers!

1 comment:

Orange Peanut said...

Lucky you! I hope it goes well!