Sunday, July 20, 2008

Food Storage - July 20th-26th - Week 4

This is the last week for July. Since all of these lists assume a 4 week month, we will have a week off next week. I'll have something to work on, though, don't worry!


Week 4

Canned goods! Chili, soups, canned meats, beans, etc. Buy what your family likes!


Boy, that's especially important...buy what your family likes. What is the sense of having something in your pantry that you know you are not going to eat? Canned foods can be relatively inexpensive depending on the item, but certain items add up quickly. Look for coupons and sales.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

This is a fun idea. Where are you getting the "lists" of what to buy each week? I have one that says you can spend $5 per week for a year and get your storage done. But it hasn't worked well for me. I like your sample items better. Thanks for posting these :)

Kim said...

I got the full list from Jodie Herrera. She did this little booklet in one of her previous wards. I'll get you the full thing if you want it. :)

Kim said...

Oh...I replied to your post, Jodi, thinking you were a different Jodi! How funny.

Orange Peanut said...

I want a full list! I love that you put it on your blog each week, but I need to see the big picture, dang OCD! Thanks for keeping Food Storage in my mind! You rock!

Kim said...

Too funny....I'll get the whole list typed up and have it accessible. :) It might just take me a couple days since I had only been typing it up a week at a time.

Jodi said...

Funny that there are all these Jodis ... usually no one has my name! I would LOVE to have the full list whenever you have time to put it all together. I definitely agree it is nice to connect with other people working on their food storage so we can help and remind each other to keep going on it.

Kim said...

Jodi & Megan, I have managed to get all of August posted to the site in the left sidebar. It's a start, at least! :)

Jodi said...

Thanks so much for posting that Kim. I love it!