Sunday, May 11, 2008

Silly Me!

I just have to share this because it was a definite "blonde" moment for me.

I was locking up the house for the night, making my usual rounds. Typically, when I lock the door to the garage, I open it, make sure the door going outside is locked, then close it and lock the door. Tonight, I decided I to open the door, twist the lock, then make my quick check of the door leading outside, then just shut the door and be done. This was my mistake. Instead of following that pattern of thought, as I was scanning the garage, I decided to flip the switch on the sprinkler system back to "on" instead of "manual". You guessed...I locked myself in the garage.

Lucky for me, I had my cell phone in my pocket, so I called Eric's phone since he was upstairs getting ready for bed. Knowing that he was going to make fun of me and NOT open the door for me very quickly if I told him the truth, I told him that there was something in the garage that he "just had to see," but I wasn't going to tell him what it was. When he got to the door, he was teasing me, asking me what I would do if he locked me in instead. When "locked" the door, he actually unlocked the door for me. So I walked through the door and told him thanks for letting me in. Boy, you should have seen the look on his face!

1 comment:

Orange Peanut said...

You crack me up! Way to get him there without letting him know you were in there!

And yes TE was incahoots with Carson to really test me yesterday! It worked