Sunday, May 11, 2008

Food Storage - May 11-17 - Week 2

I almost didn't post this tonight, with it being Mother's Day and all of the festivities that come with it. It's wind down time, though, so I thought I would just throw this week's food list on really fast .


Week 2

Dry soups and soup mixes or make your own from dehydrated veggies. Boxes of crackers, saltines, graham, etc.


Personally speaking, I buy the generic brand of crackers because of the expense. Some generics do taste better than others. Since this is my own personal blog, I can say that I buy most of the generic crackers from WinCo, such as Wheat Thins, Triscuits, saltines, etc. Most of these are typically right around $1, though with the wheat shortage, you may find that prices are starting to rise. Check dollar stores as well. As for dry soup mixes...I'm really terrible with these. I have had the same Cheddar Broccoli dry soup mix since I moved into my house...in December 2006. Once again, it's important to buy things you know you'll eat. There is no sense in purchasing things for your food storage that is going to be thrown away eventually. Just food for thought.

No comments: