Thursday, May 22, 2008

Nursery Rhyme

Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?


With marionberry starts...


...and bush bean sprouts...


...and burpless cucumbers...


...and honey sweet corn all in a row!


Okay, so it doesn't rhyme! Oh well. I am so proud of my garden! I planted it about a week ago, and look at what has already popped up! Now, the marionberry bush I transplanted over a month ago, but it's nice to see that it hasn't died. I also have carrots planted, and they are starting to pop up, but the sprouts are so tiny that it was hard to take a picture. In the right hand corner of the garden I planted some pre-grown early girl tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and another type of smaller tomato that is a more like a grape tomato, and also some cilantro. The cilantro looks a little sad, but it's the first time I've planted herbs - it will take a little getting used to. I can't wait until harvest time!

No comments: