Friday, October 3, 2008

11 Years and Counting!

Today is Eric's and my 11 year anniversary! My how time flies! I'm so grateful to have him as a husband. He's smart, witty, spiritual, and a great husband and father!

So cute together!




















We started writing in March '97 after Trina asked me if I knew an Elder Warren who was serving in Idaho. Nope! I didn't know him then, but I do now! hee hee hee

This is the picture that first got me interested in writing to him...

Just kidding, it was actually this one...he's so CUTE!

At the end of March, I went home for my grandma's funeral. I went to meet this "Elder Warren" in person, and brought him some of my favorite peanut butter chocolate chip cookies...of which I found out he was allergic too. Go figure!

He kept writing to me, even though I tried to kill him, and we were able to time our letters to each other perfectly! On May 22, 1997, he went home. After a brief visit down to CA in June, then his family reunion on a houseboat in August, we were smitten! Eric proposed on August 22nd at the Oakland Temple...a couple of hours after we already had our marriage license! You would think it wouldn't be as exciting getting engaged after already having your marriage license, but he pulled it off beautifully!


We were married on October 3, 1997 in the Oakland Temple. What a beautiful day it was! Pictures are forthcoming since I didn't want to actually take a picture of a picture for these. I will need to get out the scanner.

Happy Anniversary Eric! I love you!

5 comments:

Tory said...

Super cute pictures! I love them! You two are perfect! And Happy Anniversary.

treen said...

Has it really been 11 years? WOW!

I still remember sitting in my room with you after you came back to Oregon from your grandma's funeral, and you were telling me about when you took him the peanut butter cookies. I knew then that you guys would get married ... and obviously you did too since Eric never wrote to me from his mission again because he was always writing to you!

Happy anniversary, and happy to be of service! HA! Love you both!

The Scotts said...

I never realized how much Chase looks like Eric until I saw Eric's baby picture. And after seeing your baby picture I can now prove that I was right about Rion looking exactly like you when he was born. I remember when Eric first told me about you and showed me your picture. I knew what was coming next. That was also the night he sat on my glasses and busted them. Now I wear contacts and I hope he'll never sit on them! ANd thanks to you guys I met Trina, my twin from the pre-existence. Thanks! I needed her! Love you guys!

Amie said...

Happy Anniversary! What great pictures! I miss you guys!

Larry & Erica Evans said...

that's right...Larry & I got married the day before your 1 yr anniversary! I remember helping Eric set up your first apartment before you came out here. Fun times. I also remember the crazy summer of Biology class. UGH!