Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another Find

I have been very lacking in posting lately. The reason? Yet another CRAIGSLIST find! I'm horrible, I know. So this time I found a California King bed frame. Woo hoo! We sold our bedroom set back in 2006 when we moved to Idaho. We have not had anything since. When I saw this little beauty on craigslist for only $99, I couldn't resist, even though the color style was not our style!


This is actually a waterbed frame, but I love the four posts. In person they are so much bigger than they appear in the picture. (This is not our bedroom, by the way.) After a week of painting, adding a clear coat, and extending the bed rails on the sides by 4 inches so our bed would actually fit in the frame, it is nearly complete! I still have to sand and paint the portion of the extensions, but it is certainly usable until I get that done. Here is the "after" picture.

Our bedroom is so large (23.5 feet by 15.5 feet) that this fills in the space very nicely! We are so excited about it, and now that the smell of the polyurethane has died down, we are no longer hallucinating. (just kidding!) Once I get the rest of the room decorated, I'll add more pictures. After this find, we were joking that I should give a class on how to furnish your house for less than $500. Considering we were going to buy a bedroom set in about 6 years that is around $2K, I think I'm doing VERY well! I am extremely happy!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Great find Kim! And it looks great how you painted it!I love it when a great deal is found. I got a great deal on Craigslist this last weekend, I will have to post it too. I'm so glad there is such a thing as craigslist.

Orange Peanut said...

Great job indeed! You rock girl! That's exactly how I have furnished our home. A few pieces we bought at discount furniture stores, but most have been thrift store, garage sale, or craigslist finds.

I love the black! Very dramatic!