Saturday, October 24, 2009

Before and After

Yay, yay! I got a new lamp today! We were at Savers looking for a jean jacket for Rion for Halloween, and we came across this ugly thing for $6. It did, at least, have potential.



After a little bit of work, and lots of time to dry, here is how it looks now. This was the first time I have ever covered a lamp shade. I'm hoping it gets easier since I still have Eric's to do. I used an oil rubbed bronze spray paint for the base. WAY better! I sure love that stuff!






5 comments:

Candice said...

Love it!!! When the time is right I'll be asking you how to do the lamp shade! Way to go!

Kim said...

Thanks, Candice! When you're ready, give me a shout. I was afraid that the dark fabric would be too dark for a lamp, but it's actually very soothing. :-)

Kristi said...

Wow, Kim, that's awesome! You are so talented!!! Good job!

Emily said...

The lamp looks great! What a good idea!

Julie @ Not Too Shabby said...

Kim that is really cool. I'm the Bastian daughter that comes every summer. I'm also a friend of Kristi B. Thats how I saw your blog. I would love to put this on my craft blog. http;//not-to-shabby.blogspot.com email me at craftymammaof4@hotmail.com Happy crafting! ~ Julie Homer