Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dead!

After our little spider incident the other day, Chase has been asking me if things are "dead". Of course, the only thing he says is "dead". In the garden on Friday, I was showing him a worm. Subsequently, he asked, "Dead?" I told him that no, he was alive. He then poked it for a little while until the poor worm got up enough energy to crawl back in the dirt.

Today, however, we were sitting in Sacrament Meeting. Chase was showing me what spiders do by wiggling his fingers as if he's ready to tickle someone. He repeats "dead" a couple of times. I reply, "Yes, the spider is dead." So he continues..."Daddy, dead? Ya ya, dead? Eeee, dead? Me, dead?" (Ya ya is his word for Rion, and Eeee is Hailey) Eric and I start laughing. We tell him no and then hand him a book to keep him quiet. Poor little guy! I don't think he truly understands what "dead" means, and I hope he won't have to for quite some time!

1 comment:

Amie said...

Maybe he will become a mortician. :) It sure is funny how children get stuck on a subject or idea.