Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Scripture Cases

I have been wanting a new scripture case for a while now, but the ones at Deseret Book are more money than I want to spend. So, I made some! This first one kind of ended up as a scripture case by accident. I wanted to make a little tote for Hailey that matched her apron, but then once I created the square bottom, it was just the right size to fit my scriptures AND my RS Manual. Very exciting!


So then I realized that I didn't care too much for the handles and I would like just a little more room. I found a blog about placemat scripture cases, and I found a placemat at Target on clearance for $1.25, so I figured I'd give it a try. This is the result...



I LOVE this one! The only thing I would change from here are, once again, the handles. This one uses gross grain ribbon, which is great, but I think I actually want to spend the money and buy some purse handles. Megan's placemat purses are so cute, which is where I got the idea. One thing is for sure...I'll probably make more of these!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE the idea and the bag is so cute! In response to your comment on my blog, yes, I would love to learn how to sew and that looks like a good project for me. My free time (without children) depends on Daniel's schedule, so I'll have to get in touch with you about that. But I am very interested in learning how to make those! :) You amaze me!

Kim said...

Thanks, Emily! I'll let you know when we are going to do our get together. If that doesn't work, then the whole fam can come over some time and we can do it then. In the meantime, go looking for some cute fabric!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the fabric on that first bag. So fun!!!