Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bitter-Sweet Day

Today was one of those happy-sad days for me. I was released as the 1st Couselor (Enrichment Counselor) of the Caldwell 5th Ward Relief Society Presidency. Or rather, the whole Presidency was released. Lisa's husband was called into the Bishopric just about a month ago, and it was just too much for one family to have a 1st Counselor in the Bishopric and an RS President in one family. So, the burden was lifted today. I must admit, I wasn't ready. I think that is the first time I have ever been able to say that about a calling, which is probably also why it came. Isn't that how it always works? Once you love a calling, you are released.

I have learned quite a bit about loving those we serve in the last year and a half. It's amazing how there is an instant love for the sisters in a calling such as this. I will always be grateful for that lesson and I hope I can keep that love going. I look foward to what the Lord has in store for me, hopefully soon!

So, for now, good luck Kamie, Karren, Candice and Sue!

4 comments:

Candice said...

Thanks, I need it! You were absolutely fabulous at all you did Kim. I already feel that love for the sisters that you mentioned. Now how do I learn creative? :)

Lisa said...

I'm not even in your ward and yet I could feel your love for those sisters, I'm sure you'll be missed in your calling, bur how exciting to be somewhere new for the new year?! I miss seeing you'll!

Brits said...

So now that you're released, you don't love us anymore? Just kidding! You did a fabulous job.

Kim said...

You ladies are wonderful! Thank you so much!