Thursday, March 20, 2008

Service

What a fabulous night I just had! I just got home from our Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment Night, and I must say, it was a blast! With the birthday of Relief Society, we decided to have a "What Relief Society Means to Me" program followed by a Service Auction. I tell you, these ladies can sure get into it! There's nothing like spending $165 (play money) on a gallon sized bag of caramel popcorn, or $150 for a haircut. The best part is watching the sisters be so excited about giving service to others. It was such a successful night, I think we'll have to do this again next year!

4 comments:

Orange Peanut said...

Reminds me of the one we did here a few years ago! Are you on the enrichment committee again? I loved the service activity when we did that one!

Kim said...

I'm actually the Enrichment Counselor, even though I'm the 1st Counselor, in Relief Society. It's been quite fun, but definitely a challenge for me to just "supervise". :)

Orange Peanut said...

It's always more fun to plan activities! But someone has to supervise! Do you ladies have your 2nd counselor over education?

Kim said...

Yes. Pretty backwards, huh? Our 2nd counselor is replacing the previous 1st counselor that just moved. So, the Pres. put me as 1st since she (the Pres.) is going to be gone 2 months this summer. She didn't want to overwhelm the new counselor, but wanted to keep me over Enrichment. :)