Saturday, September 6, 2008

Peaches

About a week ago I went to the orchard and picked some peaches. 'Some' is an understatement... I picked 10 bushels of peaches, to be distributed through 4 different people. I ended up with about 5 bushels, however. So it has been a busy canning week! Four dozen pints of canned peaches, 6 quarts and 4 pints of peach pie/cobbler filling, several sandwich bags of frozen peaches (individual smoothie sizes), and about 1/2 bushel of peaches I had to throw away (because I left a box of peaches in the garage) later, I still have about 1/2 bushel of peaches that will be made into peach jam. Oh, and not to forget the whole "eating peaches daily" thing so now I'm changing poopie diapers 4 times a day. I think we're about peached out for the year, but I'm so glad we'll get to enjoy these during the winter. Next year...can quarts instead of pints. That's going to be a lot of peaches!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Kim-
I do remember you. In fact I was talking to Ruth the other day and said I couldn't figure out who was checking my blog from Idaho. (I wasn't concerned, just curious) She mentioned it was probably you. I am always happy to have visitors! Your blog is very cute too I might add. I had one of those nail polish experiences to. I ended up using some nail polish removing (just dabbing) and then carpet cleaning solution.

As for the burrito cake. It was a chocolate cake roll like I mentioned. Then I frosted it with chocolate frosting and used fondant. I had never used it before, but it was very easy. I knew it would give that tortilla look. Ruth actually assisted me. It worked great.

Anyways, I am glad you saw the info on Ruth. I'll have to tell Dorene we "chatted!"

Take care!
Ashley

Camille said...

Oh my gosh.... ((cute blog by the way.)) I just remembered I have two large bags full of peaches in my garage fridge. UGH! Now I have to find time to do something with them.