Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas Tradition Idea

I came across this idea this morning as I was looking for Christmas decorating ideas. I LOVE IT! I found the idea here. (I love reading 320 * Sycamore blog!)

And the idea is...

Wrap up 25 Christmas books and place them under your tree. If you like to do a 24 day advent calendar, then use 24 books. Have the scriptures be the 24th book. Unwrap and read one book each night, and finish off with the birth of the Savior either on Christmas Eve or on Christmas Day, depending on if you do 24 or 25.



I'm actually excited about this one! Now I need to go through all of our books and pull out the Christmas ones. I think I'll go to thrift stores and see what I can find as well. Check out the blog for some great book suggestions! Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE this idea! Now I just need to have some kids so I can start doing it. ;-)

Kim said...

Why wait? Find your favorite books and get moving! LOL :-) Now I just have to wrap them all.