Monday, April 6, 2009

More Savings!

I think I'm going to start a coupon shopping blog. Once I make my blog into a book, I don't think I want the daily shopping adventures in it...just the REALLY good ones!

I took Shannon with me this morning. I love taking someone with me because it just amazes them how much you can actually save! This is truly the ONLY way to build up your food storage quickly and inexpensively.


Today's adventure came to $132.43. I had 7 separate transactions (LOVE Alberstons for this!) because Albertson's has their double coupons right now. Out of pocket I spent a total of $37.63. Yay!! That's about a 72% savings...if I did the math right. I still have my Walgreens deals to get, and a couple of things from Target, but Walgreens may need to wait until the end of the week.

Now, I need to find out how Shannon did!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Kim, you've got to teach me how to do this!!! :)

Orange Peanut said...

Do you get multiple papers that have the coupons?

Kim said...

Yes Ma'am! I get 6 Sunday papers to help grow the storage that much faster. If there is a particularly good coupon, I will purchase more of them from ebay. :-)

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I need to learn to do this too! I'm already starting to panic a bit about how I'll afford to be in the States for a couple months after being in Moz. And I always need to stock up on things at Target before I come back overseas. How do you save so much??

Kim said...

At this point, I think of lot of it is luck! lol I haven't been doing this long, but I find that planning is a huge part of it. As soon as I get my savings blog set up, it will have some ideas on it!