Monday, January 12, 2009

New Car!

We got a new car! Well, it's hardly a CAR, more like vehicle on steroids. We decided it was time to buy a Suburban! I would much rather have a Toyota Sienna, but considering we still need to tow the boat, this was our best option. And, we wanted the trunk space to be able to travel, so the Tahoe's and Yukon's weren't going to cut it. Our truck was starting to need some expensive repairs, and we are going to be traveling quite a bit this summer...and the little car...well, it's just that - LITTLE. Too little for our travel needs. We found this beauty on Saturday in Meridian. We are so excited to get the boat out and give it a test drive! Maybe tomorrow. :)

Oh, and Eric likes to refer to it as our "CIA" or "Secret Service" vehicle.






14 comments:

Eric said...

FIRST COMMENT!

This is sooooo a chick magnet! :-)

Kim said...

You're funny.

Eric said...

but you love me because I'm funny! :-)

Kim said...

Yes....yes I do!

Candice said...

Hate to interrupt you two ~ My first thought...


SHIVERS. That is SO cool! Congrats!

Amie said...

Hey, congrats! You will love it!

Emily said...

Awesome new "car"!

And I loved the pictures of your kids in their Sunday clothes. They are adorable and are getting so big!!

Angie said...

YYYAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

She screams with her hands waving as she is jumping up and down with excitement!

Congrats guys! Looks COOOOOL!!

Eric remember that you are married and probably have the kids in the back seat!!! LOL

Lisa said...

Awesome you guys! I bet the kids are loving it.

Unknown said...

Fun!! I wish I could have something that "small" I drive a 15 passenger van my husband bought me last year for my birthday!! We could not squeeze 10 people in a "burb" we tried!! :)

Liz K Harding said...

gosh, it really does look like a CIA vehicle! Too bad the government didn't pay for it then hu?

Sarah Scott said...

First of all, yay for you! I know you've really needed this for a long time. Secondly, does this mean you'll sell the truck and just have Eric drive the Mazda back and forth to work? I mean, The Suburban will tow the boat just fine now.

Eric said...

already done! We traded in the truck as part of getting the 'burbon! :-)

Jen said...

Ha, ha, we used to call these Kuwait-mobiles when we were overseas because so many Kuwaiti families had them to haul their huge families around. (Don't ask me why Kuwaitis seemed to like them more than Omanis or Bahrainis, who had equally large families.)