Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Socks and Spoons

Ok, seriously...I know that everyone has issues losing socks...whether it be to appease the washer and dryer monster's fiber fetish, or they just randomly disappear. But does anyone else have problems losing spoons?

When we got our silverware set several years ago, we had enough for 16 people. We now have about 9 large spoons and only 5 small ones. Huh? This doesn't make sense to me. Did the washer and dryer monster move to the dishwasher and change his diet? I tend to wonder if the kids are throwing them away by accident, but the only time we have disposable dishes is when friends come over Monday nights for football and FHE. And then, we have disposable utensils. If anyone has an explanation for this, please let me know!!

3 comments:

Tory said...

I have had spoons disappear at my house too! I have also had a few plates missing. I think my boys are just throwing them away on accident. But I hate not having my full sets!

Phelps Family said...

I have had both spoons and forks go missing. I too wondered if they were thrown away by accident!

Shawna said...

I thought it was only me!! I was ashamed that we never enough for company! I think part of the problem is that spoons make great shovels in the garden. I do have to admit, I hate buying a new set of silverware just because we lack the spoons!